Monday, March 23, 2009

Simply Pure!

The Simply Pure event this weekend was a success! It was a whirlwind, but a blast! I didn't get time to take many pictures, but here are a few:

We started by decorating and preparing the food. You can't tell by this picture very well, but the polka dots on the wall were printed with cute patterns. We strung white lights and tulle around the room and had pink and white lilies on the tables.


We served mini pizzas (made in cupcake pans), crackers & cheese, mixed fruit, mini brownies, and mini cheesecakes (also made in cupcake pans) with a bunch of different toppings, along with punch. It was a fun menu and the ladies in the kitchen did a wonderful job!

Then we headed up to the sanctuary to begin the service. We had an awesome time of worship, led by four wonderful ladies. They rocked with some Barlow Girl! Then we gave out a bunch of prizes, followed by more music. Then Molly came up and spoke for over an hour. She did such a wonderful job - we were laughing lots, and yet she addressed some very serious issues. What a blessed woman of God she is. God is doing amazing things through her, and yet I have a feeling He has even bigger plans in her future - I can't wait to see!

Here are about half of the girls who came. It was mostly junior highers. I had eleven girls spend the night at my house afterward. We had a BLAST! I love junior high girls! We spent about three hours playing American Idol on the Wii - dance party!

Here are most of the ladies who made the night possible. What a blessing to have a hard working group of women dedicated to reach out to girls! Thank you ladies!

And here is Molly! I just can't say enough good things about her! If you're interested, you can check her out here, here, and here and be sure to check out her youtube videos. She's a woman with very high standards with a whole lot of passion!

Thank you to all of you who prayed for this event. It was so much fun and I know that many girls will remember it for a very long time. Pray that God will continue to move in their hearts and nudge them to follow His standards for the best life.

No comments: