Yesterday Caleb turned 10 months old! I can’t believe how fast this time has gone with him, but then I think about this time last year when we didn’t even have much of his room ready for him and that seems like SO long ago! I can’t imagine life without him! What a special blessing it has been to watch him grow and develop. Children change so much in this first year. He is gaining more confidence with walking and has started to venture off on his own when he really wants to get somewhere. Most of these times he’s chasing our cat, or last Saturday, Grandma’s dog! He seems to be an animal lover. Our cat, Dori, is starting to be more tolerant of Caleb’s attention. Lately when Dori is near Caleb, he will crawl toward her, but then he doesn’t stop when he gets there. He just keeps plowing through, head-butting Dori along! My favorite time of day during the week is bedtime. I love to feed Caleb his bottle, tell him a story, pray for him, and then cuddle close for a few minutes before putting him down. I know it’s not a good habit to rock him to sleep, but sometimes I just can’t resist holding him until he’s completely relaxed and peaceful. It’s so precious when he snuggles his little nose into my neck. Joel and I tend to “fight” over who gets to put him to bed now that Caleb’s not nursing anymore!
He was helping Daddy pick the last jalapeno from the garden (or just digging in the dirt!).
We had a wonderful MEA weekend spending time with family. Uncle Josh traveled up north and got to spend lots of time with Caleb, and we also celebrated my dad’s birthday. It was a laid-back weekend, which means I didn’t get nearly as much housework done as I had hoped, but quality time with family is much more important!

5 comments:
AAAAH, I WANT TO EAT HIS LITTLE FACE!
adorable jamie! i love him! nice pics too! what kind of camera did you get?
Hey James, I love that you have a blog now. It's so fun to stay updated that way and to read more about life rather than just little blurbs on Facebook. Caleb is so cute and I can't tell if he looks more like you or Joel. I too can't believe it's been 10 mos since he was born. I remember when you first announced your pregnancy, and then seeing growing belly pics on Facebook, and then even during the week he was due how frustrated you were that he might not come til after Xmas. Well, here he is! Hope things are going well and let me know if/how I can pray for your family!
Jamie! I found your blog through facebook! Your family is absolutely adorable!! :) Little Caleb is already 10 months? That's crazy! :) It's fun to catch up on how you're doing!
Hee hee, I like the teething crackers. :)
Post a Comment