I am finally feeling back in the swing of things since getting back after Christmas break. The first week back felt like a whirlwind, and then our weekend was so busy that I never had a chance to catch up. I ended up staying home from school this Monday with the flu. This week has been much slower-paced, and it feels so nice. We've had no evenings filled all week, since youth group was cancelled last night. Instead, Joel and I curled up on the couch to watch American Idol after Caleb was in bed.
Caleb started a new daycare last week, and it is going so well! It helps that he is such a social butterfly! He has the best time when other kids are around and there are plenty of distractions. Trina's daycare is full of little boys around Caleb's age, so they have a good time together. Caleb already learned one new trick that I'm sure came from some of the other boys - pushing trucks around on the floor as he makes the classic truck sound. It's pretty cute! Trina is amazingly organized and keeps up a strong routine, which I appreciate so much. I think she's amazing; I could never keep a house running that efficiently with so many kids around! The atmosphere is so calm - I never walk in and hear any yelling or screaming or see kids running around wildly. They're always engaged in something, seeming very content and happy. I am so thankful that Trina had an opening for Caleb, especially since we're only sending him part-time.
Enjoy your day - hopefully indoors! Cuddle up with some hot chocolate and praise God for the warm building sheltering you from this bitter cold!

2 comments:
In Mason City, we don't have built in snow days either, so we're going into June now (we were supposed to be done right after Memorial Day). We already have 4 snow days (one being today), so it'll be an interesting rest-of-winter! Where I graduated HS in Wisconsin, we always had at least 2 built in snow days, but during my senior year, we had 5 snow days, so we had to make up 3. It wasn't too bad...I always like a spontaneous day off better! (i.e. snow day).
Crazy! We always had at least 2 snow days in our calendar. :) But I always preferred having planned days off in the spring to snow days!
Post a Comment