Anyway, the reason I'm writing now is to ask you to pray. But this will require quite the background story, so bear with me. One of my biggest passions in ministry is speaking to teen girls about purity. Two years ago when I first started working with the youth group at my church here I initiated a girls purity event. It turned out to be a weekend event (called Simply Pure) with the whole community involved (about 5-6 churches) which culminated at a 2 1/2 hour service at our church. We learned a lot from planning that event and decided to make it an annual tradition. Last year we did something a little smaller scale with just our church, but this year we're planning a big event again.
So we got started planning early in November, set a date in early April, and hired a speaker for that night. Well, last night I found out that our school's prom was rescheduled for the same weekend that we had booked with our speaker! Ahhh! This wouldn't be such a big deal if there were other possibilities for when we could schedule Simply Pure. We quickly looked at the schedule for March and April and realized that between girls basketball, prom, Easter, and softball, every weekend is full! Right now we are trying to go ahead with a weekend in late March during girls state basketball tournaments. Our girls won't be going to state, but sometimes they go to watch. We're praying that this year they will be drawn to Simply Pure more than the state tournaments in the cities. Our speaker is checking with a couple of people to see if she can reschedule for that weekend also. We already paid a non-refundable down payment to reserve her, so we really want this to work out. Please pray that our speaker will be able to come on Mar. 20 or 21. Please cover this whole event in prayer - from the planning to which girls will decide to come. Pray for Molly (our speaker) to bring the truth from God's Word. Pray for me to trust that if God wants this event to happen, He will make the details come together. I'm relying too much on my own strength. He is sovereign over it all.

1 comment:
Oh man, Jamie. I have been lovingly pounded over the head with lessons on trusting lately. It is SO STINKIN' HARD to feel like you have no control over something, so I totally hear your frustration. I will be praying for you and the girls and Simply Pure.
Also, I didn't know that you had done any of these events, but I'm excited just thinking about it. I love the way your heart beats for teens. (I imagine your heart shaped like a rose, just so you know.)
Post a Comment